Thanks for your interest in Transylvania County’s Hemlock Cost Share Program.
Here’s a step by step guide to apply for assistance in getting your hemlocks treated.
- Fill out the Landowner application. Please note: if you are confused by any of the application steps done, we are happy to help!
- Select a contractor from our list of approved contractors. (Your contractor my be able to assist you with your application as well).
- Use the Judging the level of infestation guide to indicate the severity of your infestation in the application.
- Use the Assessing Level of Decline guide to indicate the health of your stand of trees in your application.
- Use the Photographing a Tree guide to get quality photos of your stand.
- Print a map of your property using the Instructions for creating a map
- Submit your application with a deposit of $50.00 made payable to TCCES (refundable if your property is deemed not to qualify) to the Cooperative Extension Office at 106 E. Morgan Street, Brevard, NC 28712